Coffee table books are more than just decorative pieces; they are windows into captivating worlds and cherished keepsakes that allow us to explore and appreciate the beauty of different places.
When it comes to Florida, the Sunshine State offers a treasure trove of inspiration for coffee table book enthusiasts.
In this blog post, I'll dive into a selection of Florida-themed coffee table books that showcase the state's diverse landscapes, vibrant culture, and rich history.
These books will not only add a touch of visual delight to your living space but also serve as a gateway to Florida's wonders.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we receive a small commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you.
Table of Contents
Top list of coffee table books for the Florida-inspired home
1. "Island Style" by India Hicks: This is one of my favorite coffee table books because of the endless inspiration that this hardcover book provides. The pictures are understated but yet classy at the same time. It's a great book to browse so I keep it close on the coffee table at all times.
2. "Shells: Nature's Exquisite Creations" by Joyce Tenneson: This is a beautiful hardcover book filled with different species of shells. This would add to any Florida-inspired home whether it's a residential home or a vacation home. This would make a great gift too for the shell lovers in your life.
3. "Beaches" by Gray Mallin: This visually striking coffee table book celebrates beaches from all around the world. Focusing on artistical images and whimsical shots, this book is perfect to browse dreamy beach vacations and travel destinations by the sea.
4. "The Life & Love of the Sea" by Lewis Blackwell: This fascinating book is for beach lovers and nature enthusiasts. Take a dive into diverse marine life such as manta rays, octopi, clown fish, and much more. Also, there are beautiful images of barrier reefs and coastlines.
5. "The Book of Palms" by H. Walter Lack: Step back in time with this beautifully illustrated book that showcases palms. If you're anything like me, then you decorate with fresh palms throughout your house. Therefore, this book is a beautiful addition to a Florida- inspired home that showcases the evergreen palms that adorn the Sunshine State.
6. "Florida: A History in Pictures" by Mike McGuinness and Jeff Davies: Delve into the history of Florida with this visually stunning book. This comprehensive volume provides a captivating overview of Florida's past. Filled with vintage photographs, which offer a fascinating glimpse into the Sunshine State's journey through time.
Coffee Table Books Based on Color Palettes
Neutral Coffee Table Books
Blue and White Coffee Table Books
Green Coffee Table Books
Pink Coffee Table Books
Where to Find Coffee Table Books?
Thrift Stores: Looking (more like hunting) for coffee table books at thrift stores is always a fun way to save money while decorating your home. My favorite Naples, Florida coffee table books were found at local thrift stores. Score!
Online Marketplaces: You can sometimes find great coffee table books by looking on online marketplaces in your area like Facebook Marketplace. Local consignment stores sometimes advertise their goodies on these sights and you might spot a great find in one of their posts.
Yard Sales: Local neighbors might be having yard sales where you can browse books for cheap. In my experience, most yard sale books are listed under $1 which is less than what thrift stores like Goodwill will have their books priced.
Friends: Reach out to friends and ask if they are wanting to pass along any books they might have.
Local Library: My local library always has a cart with books you can purchase by the checkout desk. Definitely check out your library and you might even find a great novel to read too!
Amazon: When all else fails, there's always Amazon. I've found a few of my decorating coffee table books on Amazon because I was super particular about which books I wanted to fit my Florida-inspired home.
How to Decorate with Coffee Table Books
Decorating with coffee table books can be a creative and visually appealing way to enhance your living space. Here are some tips on how to decorate with coffee table books:
Choose Books with Beautiful Covers: Select coffee table books with visually appealing covers that complement your existing decor or reflect your personal interests. Consider books with vibrant colors, interesting textures, or unique designs that catch the eye. For example, choose coffee table books with a neutral cover page if you are sticking to muted tones or more vibrant tropical-inspired coffee table books if your home is more colorful and bright.
Stack and Layer: Create visual interest by stacking books of varying sizes on your coffee table. Place larger books at the bottom and layer smaller ones on top. This adds dimension and allows you to display multiple books without overwhelming the space.
Mix with Decorative Objects: Combine your coffee table books with decorative objects such as vases, sculptures, or small plants. These objects can be placed on top of the books or incorporated within the stacks to create an aesthetically pleasing arrangement.
Use Bookends: Bookends not only help keep your coffee table books organized but also add a decorative touch. Choose bookends that complement your overall decor style, whether it's sleek and modern, rustic, or eclectic. I like to find bookends that are shaped like seashells for extra Florida flair.
Showcase Open Pages: For visually captivating coffee table books, consider displaying them open to showcase beautiful photographs or interesting content. You can use a decorative weight or object to keep the pages open, ensuring that the book becomes a focal point of your table.
Create a Theme: Arrange your coffee table books around a specific theme or topic. For example, you can group books related to travel, decorating, sea, art, or photography. This creates a cohesive and curated look that reflects your interests and passions.
Incorporate Personal Touches: Intersperse your coffee table books with personal items such as small photo frames, mementos, or keepsakes. This adds a personalized touch to the display and makes it feel more meaningful. For example, I have a small brass turtle that I like to incorporate with my stack of coffee table books. Fun objects also add playfulness and they are great conversation starters. For an additional Florida vibe, add seashells or coral pieces on top of stacked books.
Vary Heights and Angles: Play with the heights and angles of your book stacks to add visual interest. You can use one or two books as a base and then stack others at different heights. This creates an organic and dynamic arrangement. For example: stacking books under a lamp to add additional height.
Rotate and Refresh: Don't be afraid to switch out your coffee table books periodically to keep the display fresh and engaging. You can swap books based on the season, your mood, or new additions to your collection. This will continue to add interest to your guests when they visit.
Remember, the key to decorating with coffee table books is to create a visually pleasing arrangement that reflects your style and interests. Have fun experimenting with different combinations and arrangements until you achieve a look that you love.
Whether you're a Florida resident or simply fascinated by its allure, these coffee table books serve as perfect companions for exploring, appreciating, and sharing the beauty and charm of Florida.
Read more articles from Florida Family + Lifestyle
Hello! I'm Tiffany, a creative travel writer, mother to three awesome kids, and Floridian. We like to visit beautiful Florida resorts and beaches, Florida State Parks, and explore destinations by boat. I like to write about our travel adventures and provide Florida lifestyle tips to other families traveling or living in the Sunshine State.